Gout problem has improved. Has had high uric acid for many years. Ankle become swollen and the growth was getting bigger ..... Click for more sharing.
Ways To Maintain Normal Uric Acid Levels
Normal uric acid level is achievable when production and excretion of uric acid are balanced.
- Uric acid is the end product of purine metabolism and excreted by the kidneys.
- Uric acid is made in the liver and also obtained from foods and drinks.
- High uric acid is caused by over-production and/or under-excretion of uric acid.
- High uric acid level is called hyperuricemia.
- Uric acid higher than normal level can trigger gout condition.
What Are The Normal Uric Acid Levels
Uric acid test checks the level of uric acid in the blood.
A blood sample is needed. As a general guide, the normal uric acid levels should be as follows:
Male: 3 - 7.2 mg/dL (179 – 428 µmol/L)
Female: 2 - 6 mg/dL (119 – 357 µmol/L)
High Uric Acid Levels & Symptoms
High uric acid level in the blood occurs when uric acid is either over-produced in the liver or under-excreted by the kidneys, or both.
High uric acid and gout conditions can be attributable to family history, medication, diet high in purine and other factors. Purine can be consumed in a normal diet, and can be found in internal organs like liver or kidney, anchovies, sardines, mackerel, meat, meat products, beans, peas, alcoholic drinks.
When uric acid is higher than the normal level, symptoms like swelling and discomfort may appear in joints. Prolonged high uric acid level can cause gout, with urate crystal formed in the joints and body, resulting in swelling, pain and deformity in joints. Gout is a form of arthritis.
However, there are cases where high uric acid may not cause any symptoms, but very rare.
Healthy Uric Acid, Healthy Body & Joints
Maintain normal uric acid level is vital to healthy body systems and joints.
Normal uric acid level is achievable when production and excretion of uric acid are balanced. You can maintain normal uric acid levels through heart-healthy lifestyle which include:
- Healthy and balanced diet
- Healthy eating plan i.e. check the purine content of your foods and drinks.
- Maintain healthy body weight
- Regular but not excessive physical activity
- Healthy lifestyle
- Nutritional supplementation
- Medical treatment
To effectively care for high uric acid, the approach would be adopting the right methods which can help in reducing production and/or enhancing excretion of uric acid. Clinical findings suggested that phytonutrients from botanical extracts such as mulberry and kohki leaves, mangifera indica support healthy body systems and uric acid.