Gout problem has improved. Has had high uric acid for many years. Ankle become swollen and the growth was getting bigger ..... Click for more sharing.
Ways To Maintain Normal Uric Acid Levels
- Uric acid is a waste product that resulted from the breakdown of purine.
- Uric acid is made in the liver and also obtained from foods and drinks, and excreted by the kidneys.
- If too much uric acid is produced in the liver or the kidneys excrete too little, this will cause high uric acid level in the blood.
- High uric acid level is called hyperuricemia.
- Uric acid higher than normal level can trigger gout condition.
Normal Uric Acid Levels
Uric acid test checks your uric acid level in the blood. A blood sample is needed. As a general guide, the normal uric acid levels should be as follows:
- Male: 3 - 7.2 mg/dL (179 – 428 µmol/L)
- Female: 2 - 6 mg/dL (119 – 357 µmol/L)
Causes High Of Uric Acid & Symptoms
Uric acid is the end product of purine metabolism. Purine can be consumed in a normal diet, and can be found in internal organs like liver or kidney, anchovies, sardines, mackerel, meat, meat products, beans, peas, alcoholic drinks.
High uric acid is attributed to either over-production in the liver or under-excretion by the kidneys, or both.
When uric acid is higher than the normal level, symptoms like swelling and discomfort may appear in joints. Prolonged high uric acid level can cause gout, with urate crystal formed in the joints and body, resulting in swelling, pain and deformity in joints. Gout is a form of arthritis.
Healthy Uric Acid, Healthy Body & Joints
You can maintain normal uric acid levels through heart-healthy lifestyle which include:
- Healthy and balanced diet
- Healthy eating plan i.e. check the purine content of your foods and drinks.
- Maintain healthy body weight
- Regular but not excessive physical activity
- Healthy lifestyle
- Nutrition supplementation, when necessary
Normal uric acid level is achievable when production and excretion of uric acid is balanced. Clinical findings suggested that phytonutrients from botanical extracts such as mulberry and kohki leaves, mangifera indica help to nourish your body systems and support uric acid.