What Are Gelatin Hydrolysate, Collagen Hydrolysate,
Gelatin & Collagen
Gelatin & Collagen
Gelatin Hydrolysate, Collagen Hydrolysate or Gelatin are all derived from 胶原蛋白, which can be extracted from the bones, skins and scales of animals such as fish, bovine or porcine. Gelatin Hydrolysate or Collagen Hydrolysate are rich in amino acids and high in nutritional value as shown in clinical studies. Gelatin or Gelatine Hydrolysate, Collagen Hydrolysate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Gelatin or Collagen Peptides are the same compound.
Gelatin Hydrolysate or Collagen Hydrolysate are produced by enzymatic hydrolysis of collagen, where the amino acid chains of collagen peptides have been cut into smaller size of 1kD to 3kD to facilitate absorption in the intestine. Collagen or gelatin in “hydrolysate” or “hydrolyzed” form are therefore rapidly digestible and highly bioavailable to your body systems, and it has no gelling effect. Hydrolyzed collagen or gelatin derived from fish and bovine are more popular comparatively.
Benefits Of Hydrolyzed Collagen Or Gelatin
Gelatin Hydrolysate or Collagen Hydrolysate are gaining their popularity as nutritional supplement due to the scientifically proven health benefits. Clinical trials have established the mechanism on how hydrolyzed collagen or gelatin contribute to healthy bone, joint, muscle, skin, hair, nail, among others. The benefits of collagen towards health and beauty were actually discovered as early as in the 12th century!
Collagen is one of the vital components in your body tissues. Collagen is a structural protein crucial for the structure and strength of your bone, joint, muscle, skin and body systems.
More than 60 scientific studies have been conducted on the efficacy of hydrolyzed collagen or gelatin in reducing collagen damage and loss in bone, joint, muscle, skin, etc. Erosion of collagen can cause:
- Joint degeneration and pain, or arthritis. Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis are the most common types of arthritis affecting adults whilst children can be affected by juvenile arthritis.
- Loss of bone density or osteoporosis.
- Muscle weakness.
- Skin ageing, brittle hair or nail, and so forth.
Gelatin Hydrolysate or Collagen Hydrolysate have shown favorable results in enhancing bone density, joint cartilage and connective tissues like ligament or tendon, muscle strength, skin health and firmness, hair growth or stronger nail; mainly attributable to the nutritional value, feature and functionality of hydrolyzed collagen or gelatin:
- Help to stimulate the metabolism of collagen and therefore accelerate the building and repairing of body tissues.
- Rich in special amino acids composition vital to the body tissues, such as Proline, Glycine, Hydroxyproline.
- Much smaller molecular weight which enhance digestibility and bioavailability.
Read more on 骨骼，关节，肌肉，皮肤
Are Hydrolyzed Collagen Or Gelatin Safe For Long Term Use
Hydrolyzed collagen or gelatin have been proven to be safe for long-term consumption besides the scientifically proven health benefits and efficacy. Clinical studies have suggested that consuming 5g to 10g of Gelatin Hydrolysate or Collagen Hydrolysate a day would provide optimum supplementation.
Practically, hydrolyzed collagen or gelatin can be consumed by most people. The exceptions are as follows:
- Collagen or gelatin derived from fish is recommended if you can’t take or allergic to bovine products, and vice versa.
- Fish collagen or gelatin is recommended instead of bovine source if your uric acid is higher than normal level.
- Not recommended when pregnant or undergoing dialysis, due to the high protein content in collagen.
Collagen & Gelatin
Collagen can be categorized into more than 20 types, and each type of collagen identified has its unique amino acids composition; hence, the function and benefits. Collagen has very big molecular weight of 300kD in its original form; hence, it’s not favorable in terms of absorption.
Gelatin or gelatine, is commonly used in foods, capsules, etc is also produced by hydrolysis of collagenous tissues. Gelatin has molecular weight of 100kD and with gelling effect.
Collagen & Gelatin Supplements For Bone, Joint, Muscle, Skin
We’ve designed formulas using hydrolyzed collagen or gelatin, which serve as nutritional supplements to support bone, joint, muscle, skin and body systems to stay healthy, strong and radiant. Our nutritional supplements have had more than 10 years of track record, and consumers have benefited from our formulas in terms of:
- Joint flexibility and mobility
- Bone density
- Muscle strength
- Skin health and firmness, hair growth, strong nail
The highlights of our Gelatine Hydrolysate or Collagen Hydrolysate formulas are:
- Enriched with essential nutrients like phytonutrients from herbs or plants, vitamins and minerals to cater for individual’s conditions and needs.
- All our formulas are made of quality ingredients in adequate quantity, to ensure efficacy.
- Each of the ingredients selected has its own nutritional value and is backed by scientific findings.
Our Gelatine Hydrolysate is derived from hydrolyzed fish collagen whilst Collagen Hydrolysate from hydrolyzed bovine gelatin.