Bone, Joint, Muscle, Skin Health & Nutrition
Develop healthy bone, mobile joint, strong muscle, radiant skin with essential nutrients provided by collagen, vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients.
- Bone, joint 和 肌肉 enable you to move, bend and flex, and lead an active life.
- Skin is your body's largest organ which covers and protects the whole body, from head to toe.
- 胶原蛋白 protein is vital to bone, joint, muscle, skin health.
- Vitamins 和 minerals are required for the functioning of body systems.
- Plants and herbs provide 植物营养素 and important antioxidant.
Proteins are made up of amino acids and are part of every cells and tissues. Generally, proteins are important for growth and development, maintenance and repair, and to provide glucose when the need arises. Whilst specific proteins like collagen are necessary for certain body cells or tissues. As your body is constantly undergoing wear and tear, amino acids provide continuous repairs.
At certain stage, degeneration can happen to bone, joint, muscle, skin and body systems which could be caused by slowing down of metabolism, injury, medication, etc. Deterioration in bone, joint and muscle can affect mobility, flexibility, strength, posture and causing your body to become weak and slows down your movement. Skin degeneration would impair the protective barrier for your body against bacteria or virus, and/or affect appearance with wounds, wrinkle, dark spots, etc.
Your body systems need essential nutrients to function normally. However, essential nutrients can't be synthesized or made by the body. Your body can also be lacking of certain nutrients. Hence, the need for nutrition supplementation. These essential nutrients can always be derived from natural sources.
Walk, Stand, Bend, Flex Comfortably & Confidently
Maintain healthy bone, joint, muscle and skin to stay strong, active and radiant.
Healthy bone, joint, muscle and skin is attainable with regeneration of tissues, to help balance the loss of tissues. An overall approach would encompass:
- Physical activity
- Healthy body weight
- Nutrition supplementation
- Medical treatment
You can always maintain your health, fitness and youthfulness regardless of age. Nutrients which are beneficial to bone, joint, muscle and skin health collectively are:
- Hydrolyzed collagen, also known as collagen or gelatin hydrolysate
- Vitamins and minerals
- Phytonutrients from plants or herbs
To effectively care for bone, joint, muscle and skin, the approach would be adopting the right methods which include tissue regeneration. Clinical evidence suggested that essential nutrients support healthier and stronger body systems, and help to develop healthy bone, flexible and mobile joint, strong muscle and radiant skin.
- Bones provide framework to support your body, which give you shape, help you move and protect your internal organs from injury.
- There are 206 pieces of bones in adults, on average.
- Bone's main components are calcium, phosphorus and collagen.
- Bone is also an essential reservoir of minerals for the body.
- Within the bone, the marrow produces large number of blood cells for supply to your body systems.
Minerals are responsible for the bone's hardness while structural protein collagen contributes to its mechanical strength. Bones make up about 25% of the human weight. In addition, the hardness of a healthy bone is 4 times as a brick with the same volume.
What Causes Weak Bones
Bone is a hardened mass of living tissue. There is a continuing process of bone renewal in which bones are broken down (bone resorption) and replaced by new bones (bone formation). Your body adds new bones faster than it removes old bones when you're young. Bones reach peak density at age 30. Thereafter, you can lose old bones faster than you make new bones which may result in decrease in bone mineral density. And, this often occurs after menopause in women i.e. around age 50 and in old age in men.
When the bone mineral density is too low, bones become weak and fragile. However, weak bone does not give any signal unless bone fracture has happened. Reports have shown that falls are the number one cause of bone fractures in older adults regardless of gender.
Bone Mineral Density
Bone mineral density is a reliable indicator of fracture risk. Non-invasive bone density test techniques are designed to check for osteoporosis. WHO has divided bone mineral density into 4 levels:
- Normal [T score => -1.0 & above]
- Low bone mass (osteopenia) [T score => -1.0 to -2.5]
- Osteoporosis (fractures have yet to occur) [T score => -2.5 & below]
- Severe or established osteoporosis (fractures have occurred due to fragility)
Get to know how healthy and strong your bones are via bone density test. Check out our schedule for a FREE bone density test at the nearest pharmacy or our wellness center.
- The body joint is where two or more bones come together, like the knee, hip, elbow, shoulder, neck, fingers, back, etc.
- Cartilage is the white color tough but flexible tissue that covers the ends of your bones.
- Collagen makes up about 70% of cartilage structure.
- Healthy and flexible body joint helps you move, bend or flex by allowing your bones to glide over each other smoothly.
What Causes Joint Degeneration
Wear and tear or deterioration in joint cartilage is a normal part of aging process. Changes in cartilage metabolism can cause degeneration in cartilage structure. Injury due to sports, occupation or accident, incorrect posture and overweight can also cause damage to the cartilage.
- Joint becomes stiff and less flexible. Cartilage may start to rub against one another and wear away at certain stage.
- Discomfort and swelling occur with further degeneration in cartilage.
Generally, joint which 'works harder' tend to degenerate faster comparatively. Breakdown in joint is a condition related to changes in joint cartilage, subchondral bone and synovial membrane. Bone spur may form around the edge of joints in some cases. Degeneration in the knee, hip, neck, shoulder, back or fingers are more common.
Types Of Joint Degeneration
Degeneration in joint which is termed as arthritis, may lead to inflammation, pain, deformity or even immobility. The more common causes for joint degeneration or damage include:
- Osteoarthritis, which involves gradual loss of cartilage. Elderly is the high risk group in developing osteoarthritis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis due to immune disorder.
- Gout, which is caused by high 尿酸
Muscle Strength What Causes Muscle Weakness
There are many factors that can cause muscle disorders which include:
- Injury or overuse, such as sprains or strains, cramps or tendinitis
- Genetic disorder, such as muscular dystrophy
- Nerves disorder
- Certain medication
- Your skin is smooth, firm and flawless when you are young and healthy.
- Skin condition changes as you age, and the signs of skin aging include dryness, wrinkles, sagging, thinning, paler, uneven skin tone, growths.
- Factors such as sunlight, environment, skincare regime or immune system can affect your skin health, which can cause redness, dark spots, rashes, itching or inflammation.
- Collagen makes up about 80% of skin structure.
Care For Your Skin
To take care and/or to enhance the skin condition, the approach encompasses:
- Maintain good hygiene.
- Balanced diet and intake of water.
- Rest well.
- Protection against extreme weather or harsh environmental conditions.
- Intake of nutrition to enhance your immune system.
- Opt for natural moisturizing gel and/or skincare regime to avoid chemical reaction.
- Intake of collagen or gelatin hydrolysate to help boost up your collagen level internally.